Monday 13 April 2015

Kindle Is Saving Me Money

Recommend Article Article Comments Print Article
No, really. Kindle IS saving me money. In the year that I've had my Kindle, I have saved a ton of money.
I have one compulsion and that is books. Before I got my Kindle, I used to go to bookstores, see something I wanted to read, and buy it. Or, I should say that I would go to a bookstore and see a lot of books that I wanted to read, and bought them all.
My reasoning was this: whenever I didn't buy the books I wanted and thought I'd come back for them another time, they were always out of stock and I couldn't get them. So, I got into the habit of buying them when I saw them. This was especially true if one of my favorite authors wrote a series and I wanted to make sure that I had them all before starting the first book. That made for a lot of books waiting to be read.
I've always had a habit of reading about thirty-five books at the same time, switching from book to book according to my interest and mood. Consequently, my books covered every surface of my night tables. When I got my Kindle, everything changed.
It was like taking a magic wand and making all the books disappear off my night stands. But, more important, is the fact that I no longer had to buy all my books at one time for fear that the stores wouldn't have them in stock when I went back there to buy them. I saw that once Amazon listed them on Kindle, they were always there and I could come back anytime I wanted to buy one.
On the one hand, I'm no longer buying a lot of books at one time because I know that I can always buy them when the mood hits me but, on the other hand, I'm finding that in this short year, I have 200 books on my Kindle that I've yet to read.
I don't know how that happened but I think I'm saving money because I'm reading fewer series and Kindle books cost less than print books. I also rationalize that since I'm no longer compulsive about going from store to store, looking for the books that are out of stock in the bookstores, I'm saving money on gas and I have more time to read... or buy more Kindle books.
How's that for logic?? Well, it's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Connie H. Deutsch is an internationally known business consultant and personal advisor who has a keen understanding of human nature and is a natural problem-solver.
Connie is the author of the books, "Whispers of the Soul," "A Slice of Life," "Whispers of the Soul for the Rest of Your Life," "From Where I'm Sitting," "View from the Sidelines," "Reaching for the Brass Ring of Life," "Purple Days and Starry Nights," "Here and There," "And That's How it Goes," and "The Counseling Effect." Her website: http://www.conniehdeutsch.com/ See more of her articles by clicking here ConnieHDeutsch Articles

No comments:

Post a Comment